Troubleshooting - PLEASE READ IT FIRST IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM!

FAQ - Frequently asked questions

If you will experience any problems please contact support@gloriavictisgame.com

Join our official TeamSpeak 3 server addres using gloriavictisgame.com as IP address!

Troubleshooting - "Server Under Maintenance" error solution!

Poll: Nametag vote
I like the demo concept!
I like the way the game is currently.
Cool, but I have another idea.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[Community Suggestions] New Nametags
30-09-2016, 04:47, (This post was last modified: 30-09-2016, 05:11 by Fiore.)
[Community Suggestions] New Nametags
[Image: 9E2370F8B63FCBCA32B80A703DBDB560CB38A3BC]

Greetings everyone! 

There's been some talk amongst the community every now and then about the situation of Nametags and how they are often cluttered on screen. Having the best user experience possible in terms of both immersion and efficiency is incredibly important, and there is no better group to ask about this topic than the players.

Currently, a player's name and general player information is distinguished by a colour change, which may not always give enough information to new players to help them understand the differences as quickly as possible. Player names & info also can become a little messy and confusing with multiple characters meshing in one space. This is why a mock-up design has been developed to demo a potential alternative.

Here are two Full HD examples of the alternative Nametags:

http://bit.ly/2dqLsV7

http://bit.ly/2de1cyd

A community poll has been added to gather feedback regarding this topic. You may select one of the options provided or you may give a completely different approach with a comment below.
[Image: 6c31d2b1a60faf1bfbac90a5077e9ad4.png] Ray Monty, Community Manager

GV Twitter: @GloriaVictisMMO
FAQ: http://gloriavictisgame.com/application/index/faq

30-09-2016, 06:15, (This post was last modified: 30-09-2016, 06:17 by Hamidinator.)
RE: [Community Suggestions] New Nametags
Have you considered scrapping nametags altogether and replacing it with something else?
I've played games with a kind of tiny window appearing next to your crosshair, showing all that info when you target someone.

This option is less informative at a glance but it's much more immersive, the less UI a game needs, the better. Also, you do still get access to all the same info you just need to work for it slightly more.
30-09-2016, 15:37, (This post was last modified: 30-09-2016, 17:22 by Fiore.)
(30-09-2016, 06:15)Hamidinator Wrote: Have you considered scrapping nametags altogether and replacing it with something else?
I've played games with a kind of tiny window appearing next to your crosshair, showing all that info when you target someone.

This option is less informative at a glance but it's much more immersive, the less UI a game needs, the better. Also, you do still get access to all the same info you just need to work for it slightly more.

Something like this could possibly be tested, and this option has been briefly considered, but there is some concern with lack of stable information. Other games have done this and it can become difficult to have stable (constant) information for the specific targeted player, especially with smaller character models. Third person makes models appear smaller, which could make stable targeting an issue.

It's definitely worth thinking about more if the rest of the community is interested in such a mechanic.
[Image: 6c31d2b1a60faf1bfbac90a5077e9ad4.png] Ray Monty, Community Manager

GV Twitter: @GloriaVictisMMO
FAQ: http://gloriavictisgame.com/application/index/faq

07-11-2016, 11:22,
Every UI is better that keeps usernames like "pussydestroyer5000" and so on out of my sight. Also like the small tags with the guildname. Should be a much better immersion with those new interface.
08-11-2016, 21:59,
good idea. In battle it's very important to see who is an enemy, but who is a friend. With those tags it's easy to do it.

Can we have option turn off friends 'shield' tags, please? Guys with red tags = enemy, with no any tags = friend.
08-11-2016, 23:32, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2016, 23:33 by FashyGoy.)
I'd love to see the removal of name tags tested. I don't think you should be able to tell friend from foe at a glance like we can now. Where friend and foe are difficult to distinguish there are fun game mechanics/opportunities for infiltrating enemy nations. Maybe indicators only for your party and/or your guild members would suffice?

Running with that idea, it may make sense to remove the nation-wide friendly fire toggle and negative effects of attacking fellow nation members when there are no witnesses around. If a midlander falls in the forest, does he make a sound?
[Image: PkC9yex.jpg]
16-11-2016, 06:45,
I agree with having name tags but if in combat have only enemies visible. or give us the option to turn them off. that way people who dont want them or want them can either click in options to turn them off or keep them. Also maybe make enemies flash to make the enemy target more distinctive.
26-11-2016, 04:15, (This post was last modified: 26-11-2016, 04:21 by Raxle.)
DEVS PLEASE.
The name tags for ENEMIES should be removed, not allies like some people are saying.

Some people are hitting the nail on the head, some are smashing their thumbs.

Please make removing enemy name tags a priority. This game should cater to all arch types, one in which being STEALTH. How can anyone in this game like seeing an enemy name tag through a wall 100m infront of you ? its like having ESP hacks defaulted into the game.

I love this game, The enemy name tags are really killing it for me though.
Make it so enemy information is ONLY displayed, when you are directly aiming at them, friends/nation members can fade in and out as they go in and out of combat ( or if you target them )

That way, running around side by side, immersion doesn't get broken by floating name tags everywhere, but if you NEED to identify someone, all you have to do is aim your crosshair at them, and it will display, fading out as you untarget them.

Enemy players should NOT have a name tag at all. And if you keep them, make them only display if TARGETED, please, and none of this nametag through MOUNTAINS and walls, its a total killer of both immersion and stealth.

PLEASE.

Kindest Regards,
Rax

EDIT:

please also do not give people options to turn on/off name tags, this will give people advantages over people who don't want to play with them on.

You SHOULD be able to tell if someone is an enemy by quickly aiming at them to display info, if you don't have time because they are running at you sword drawn.... what more evidence do you need they are an enemy ?

No friendly tag +sword draw + running at you = enemy. Would be so easy to identify enemies without name tags altogether imo, but I think to cater to EVERYONE, targeting to display info at the most. No floating enemy name tags through walls and passively being above their heads constantly.

DEMO photos are pretty much spot on !
REALLY LIKE IT !
26-11-2016, 18:33,
I'd still just prefer the "Mouse over" method. Seeing as it's already implemented on the AI and interactive objects.

Simply remove the name tags over the heads, and have them show up in the middle above the hotbar, similar to when you target an NPC or loot crate.

That method, mixed with a tab target system where players can tab a target and have its HP and name come up on a list similar to the party list. Maybe could even give party leaders some marking ability.
24-12-2016, 08:10, (This post was last modified: 24-12-2016, 08:10 by Disciple.)
There are clearly multiple ways to improve the current system.

But I do believe this to be a step in the right direction! I like the suggested name tags! +1