Troubleshooting - PLEASE READ IT FIRST IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM!

FAQ - Frequently asked questions

If you will experience any problems please contact support@gloriavictisgame.com

Join our official TeamSpeak 3 server addres using gloriavictisgame.com as IP address!

Troubleshooting - "Server Under Maintenance" error solution!

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Guidelines to write a Bug/Exploit report
07-04-2013, 13:27, (This post was last modified: 26-02-2014, 14:27 by Micki.)
Guidelines to write a Bug/Exploit report
Took this from the Darkfall Unholy Wars beta forum Big Grin Sticky please.

Guidelines to write a Bug/Exploit report. **GUIDE**
Hello everyone!
I thought we could have a bit of help in how to effectively write a Bug and Exploit report so the Developers can clearly understand and assimilate our findings. Don’t forget that the better you describe and the more information you can include, the better and quicker the Devs can act on it.

Below you will find some types of Bugs and Exploits and at the bottom you will see a template which you can use to report.
These types of Bugs and Exploits are not complete and are to be used as guidance only, please post your suggestions so we can improve this guide.

When writing your report, please make sure you include the type of Bug or Exploit in order to easily be identified.

The Bugs can fall into these categories:
- Game and System crash (DLL errors, Blue Screen of Death, Disconnects, Software errors, etc.)
- Graphics (Visual Artifacts, Glitches, Distortions, etc.)
- User Interface (Options, Accessibility, Modding, etc.)
- Quests (Missing objectives, Objectives location, Objectives NPCs, etc.)
- World Objects Interaction (Looting, Gathering, Crafting, etc.)
- Items (Equipments, Gold, Potions, Crafting and Gathering Materials, etc.)
- NPC’s (Monsters, Villagers, Vendors, Trainers, etc.)
- Landscape (Falling through world, Walk through objects, Line of Sight, Out of boundary, etc.)
- Map and Minimap (Missing information, Duplicate entries, Icons, etc.)
- Sound effects and Music (Loops, Stuttering, Sync, etc.)
- Game Launcher (Connection errors, Stuck in queue, Patching error, etc.)
- General Bug (If you are not sure of type)

The Exploits can fall into these categories:
- Currency (Duplication, Gains, Loss, etc.)
- Item (Duplication, Crafting, Vendor value, Gain, Loss, etc.)
- Gathering (Resources, Infinite nodes, Fast respawn, Node population, etc.)
- Crafting (Multiple output, Materials ratio, etc.)
- Quests (Completing multiple times, Multiple rewards, Complete quests without objective items, etc.)
- Skill (Casting, Effect, Delay, Speed, etc.)
- NPC’s (Bugging certain monsters for easy kill, Killing NPC’s that aren't supposed to be killed, etc. )
- Landscape (Walk through objects, Line of Sight, Out of boundary, etc.)
- General Exploit (If you are not sure of type)

So please use this template to report the Bugs and Exploits you found:
________________________________________ _________________

Topic headline: [BUG - QUESTS] Cannot complete step.
(In order to be easily identified, please start your thread using a similar format like the above.)

-----

Type of report: BUG - Quests
(Here you should write the type of report, followed by the category they fall in, like Exploits - Currency for example.)

Game version: 0.0.5.3.
(Here you should write the version you played when you encountered the bug or exploit)

Name of your character: Ronald McDonald
(This will help the Devs check logs for more information and so the Game masters can help you, in case your character got stuck, lost items, etc.)

Time and date when it happened: Around 15:20 GMT, 11/02/2014
(Although you don’t need to be accurate to the minute, it helps to pinpoint the problem.)

Operating System: Windows 7 with latest updates and Service Pack 1
(Please include your OS information and if you know, the relevant updates you have.)

Is your system or graphics card Overclocked and stable? Yes, I have bumped my cpu speed from 3.8GHz to 4.4GHz and my Radeon HD 6970 graphics card is overclocked by 20% from stock values and I have not had problems.
(It's also important to note weather or not you over clock your hardware. Overclocked hardware can produce incorrect mathematical results that can result in strange bugs and unstable programs. If you do overclock your hardware it's important to stress test it not only to ensure a stable operating environment but also to ensure mathematical accuracy. The IntelBurn Test is a good tool for this. I have found that if your system is unstable or inaccurate this tool will indicate it much sooner than others such as Prime95. You can adjust its memory footprint as well to partially test RAM, although I have read comments that it doesn't always catch unstable RAM so if you Overclock your ram you may want to run some blend tests in Prime95. If you Overclock your video card, FurMark would be a more appropriate stability tester. Although in my experience an unstable GPU OC will result in a video driver timeout and nothing more. If you do OC and pass all the stress tests mark your OC as stable. Thanks to morbiddog2 for this tip.)

Description of the Bug/Exploit: I was doing the tutorial quest in (insert name of town/place) and when I was at the step of killing 10 monsters (insert type of monsters), I was killing them and it was not counting towards the number increase in the quest log. I tried logging out, restarting the game and logging back in and the bug was still present. I also tried abandoning the quest and getting it again but this still did not resolve the problem.
(Here you can quickly describe what happened, try to be brief and to the point. If you are concerned this description could include an important part of the game's Lore or a major spoiler, you can then include such parts with the Spoiler Tags.)
[*spoiler]Please remove the * from the tags for it to work.[*/spoiler]

On a scale from 1 to 5 how do you describe this Bug/Exploit (1 being you can live with it, 5 being totally game breaking): 5 - I cannot proceed the tutorial without doing this step.
(Here you can rate the Bug/Exploit on a scale from 1-5. A rating of 1 means that you can live with that bug and a 5 rating means that your gameplay experience is completely impaired by it. For example, if you cannot harvest the node on a specific gathering resource then you can say it has a 1 rating because you are minimally able to play the game without harvesting on that spot. Now if your bug or exploit was so severe that your character could not normally proceed to play or that the exploit you found would allow infinite gold/items, then it would be a rating of 5.)

Can you reproduce this Bug/Exploit: No I cannot. I have no means to make a new character and go through that quest again to reproduce this error.
(If you can reproduce the Bug/Exploit at your will, please describe the steps you took in order to reproduce it. If you cannot, please quickly describe what you tried to do to reproduce it.)

Is there any suggestion or any additional information you have, that might help us with this Bug/Exploit:
Yes, I think the character file is corrupted or the monsters in that quest are not being flagged to count towards the quest. Maybe if we could delete our characters and create new ones to go through that quest again, could help to filter out some possibilities.
(If you have any idea on what could be the source of the problem, please include it as well as some suggestions that you think might solve it.)
________________________________________ _________________

Please do:
- Write your report using clear language.
- Try to include all the details you think its relevant.
- Format the report according to the template above.

Please don't:
- Write in "1337" speak. Using it will only make you look bad and difficult the comprehension of others.
- Post more than one report about the same Bug/Exploit that happened to you or that is very similar to a report by other users.

Please provide data:
When creating a bug report it might also help to add the output_log file as attachement to your post or tread. You can find it in your GVfolder/gv_Data/...
Screenshot: http://i57.tinypic.com/2vu0vic.png

I hope this template can help you write good Bug and Exploit reports to the Dev team and that will consequently make Darkfall a better game for all of us.

Thank you for all your future reports and have fun!
09-04-2013, 21:03,
RE: Guidelines to write a Bug/Exploit report
Ben can you please change yellow color its not readable
FUtilez.com Do You Have What It Takes ?
10-04-2013, 08:23,
lol indeed, changed it Smile
15-04-2013, 17:22,
Good guide. While I'd hope most people would simply make bug reports like this anyway, I'm aware that's unlikely to be the case and it's always useful to have a template to base it off.
Excellent work sir.
Bydd gyfiawn ac nac ofna
Be Just and Fear Not
11-02-2014, 22:02, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2014, 22:02 by Benseine.)
Updated the guide's template with adding the game's version to it:

Quote:Game version: 0.0.5.3.
(Here you should write the version you played when you encountered the bug or exploit)

Might help to let ppl see if a bug is reported again in a new version. If I post xyz bug encountered in 0.0.5.3.
Then me or anyone else can post in next version that the game is not fixed (in case patchnotes said so) in version 0.0.5.4. Or old bug is back again in patch 0.0.5.8. or something after being fixed for some time. Might keep this forum section a bit more clear to both testers and devs.
16-02-2014, 18:58,
Updated it with adding the output_log.txt as attachment.
21-02-2014, 09:52,
(07-04-2013, 13:27)Benseine Wrote: I hope this template can help you write good Bug and Exploit reports to the Dev team and that will consequently make Darkfall a better game for all of us.

You might want to edit that a bit.
21-02-2014, 17:07,
(21-02-2014, 09:52)Skarth Wrote:
(07-04-2013, 13:27)Benseine Wrote: I hope this template can help you write good Bug and Exploit reports to the Dev team and that will consequently make Darkfall a better game for all of us.

You might want to edit that a bit.

lol indeed Tongue But when I try to edit it it doesn't work. I get this msg:
Quote:413 Request Entity Too Large
nginx

Maybe a mod can edit it for me?
27-01-2015, 03:35,
Copy -n- Paste Format:

Code:
[color=#1E90FF]Type of report[/color]: BUG - Items

[color=#4682B4]Game version[/color]: 0.1.4f1

[color=#4682B4]Name of your character[/color]: Billy

[color=#4682B4]Time and date when it happened[/color]: 01-26-15 @ 6pm (GMT -6)

[color=#4682B4]Operating System[/color]: Windows 7 with latest updates and Service Pack 1

[color=#4682B4]Is your system or graphics card Overclocked and stable?[/color] No

[color=#4682B4]Description of the Bug[/color]: I was trying to fly to [color=#C71585]Ismir Castle[/color], but the [color=#FF69B4]airplane always explodes halfway there[/color].

[color=#4682B4]On a scale from 1 to 5 how do you describe this Bug[/color]: 5. Not being able to fly to my enemies is boring.

[color=#4682B4]Can you reproduce this Bug[/color]: Yep. Buy the ticket and get on the plane.

[color=#4682B4]Is there any suggestion or any additional information you have, that might help us with this Bug[/color]: It's a confusing bug, and I think I only touched up on part of it. I'll post more if I discover more.
18-10-2015, 14:03,
Does this only refer to crashes and other game-braking bugs, or all bugs in general?

Are we supposed to report each bug in its own thread, or is there a thread for bugs?

Do bug reports go in the Troubleshooting forum, or in Feedback and suggestions?