Troubleshooting - PLEASE READ IT FIRST IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM!

FAQ - Frequently asked questions

If you will experience any problems please contact support@gloriavictisgame.com

Join our official TeamSpeak 3 server addres using gloriavictisgame.com as IP address!

Troubleshooting - "Server Under Maintenance" error solution!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tavern Meet the Team: Weekly Insight (Today's victim: Bartold!)
11-05-2017, 15:57, (This post was last modified: 19-05-2017, 20:46 by bartold.)
Meet the Team: Weekly Insight (Today's victim: Bartold!)
[Image: e3454f7c70de26e1cf15ef357de22accbaa5c9f5.png]

Welcome everyone to our weekly Meet the Team Q&A of Black Eye Games, which will introduce a new member of the team and give you some insight into the people behind the magic of Gloria Victis. 

This week our new victim is: Bartosz Bartold Idzikowski!

1) What is your position on the team?
Basically I am game designer but my responsibilities vary from systems design to balancing to level design. I am also designing content and assets, as well as doing creative writing.

2) What is a typical day like working on this project?
It greatly depends on what I am working on at the moment. One day I may be completely sunk in the database or an excel sheet and other times I’m drawing floorplans, prototyping locations, fixing reported issues or designing content with other designers. Let’s say there’s each day is special for me. Smile

3) How did you first hear about Gloria Victis?
I saw it accidentally in some gaming press in the very early stages of development and it instantly took my interest, since I’m practicing medieval combat and reenacting culture of this period. I started playing GV, and after some time I was invited to the dev team (originally as a writer).

4) What do you enjoy most about being part of this project?
Creation! Bringing ideas to life gives me unbelievable satisfaction, especially considering the fact that I am participating in the process of creating a medieval world. It is also awesome to see players exploring it and making it feel alive. Smile 

5) What are you working on at the moment?
I am currently working on the incoming map expansion. It will add about 50% to the available lands, greatly expanding our possibilities for creating new PVP and PVE content. New lands will come with new locations to claim, as well as vast hunting areas. Here's a work-in-progress screenshot of one of locations I was working on some time ago:

[Image: 91bbb83a93b3eca6d30f5ac5e4bba658.jpg]

6) What is your best memory of Gloria Victis? Any funny/interesting in-game stories?
Quite long while ago I looted a rare sword in the dungeon, but I was then killed by an Ismir. I started chasing him and I didn’t give up until I took back the sword. Unfortunately, he found me a day or two after and looted the sword again and the situation turned into a manhunt: each day or two this damned sword was moving from one of us to another for like 3 weeks. Argh. Smile

7) What is your favourite aspect of Gloria Victis - any specific feature(s)?PVP! I love the feeling I have when I’m defending a location though being heavily outnumbered, with the will to hold the ground and faith in my brothers in arms as the only advantages. There’s something thrilling in defending desperately inside a gatehouse, protecting my fallen teammates from being looted and chasing the enemy after they retreat. Just art of war. Smile

8) What is the feature/addition you're most looking forward to?
The introduction of the new nation and their lands, with unique architecture and equipment. Can’t wait to work with the environment assets which are being created for the Azebs!

9) What type of character do you usually play (role, weapon, armour, play-style, etc)?
Usually, I play as a mercenary, wearing a knee-long chainmail with surcoat and flat-top helm who fights in the first line. My weapon of choice is the longsword (real-life bias) but sometimes I use a sword and kite shield.

10) In 3 years from now, what is your vision for Gloria Victis?
It’s nearly impossible to tell what next 3 years will bring to us but let me try: Gloria Victis is worldwide known for the open PVP experience it offers, its’ one of a kind atmosphere and freedom of choice, while “porridge and onions for dinner again” becomes a topseller on /r/MemeEconomy. Smile

11) Weirdest bug you've ever seen in GV?

[Image: 65c62a9dda666b47d46d8523cfe4296f8bb00dda.jpg]

12) Your biggest accomplishment in GV, either personal or for the team in general? 
Surviving the Early Access launch. Smile Each of us had worked 80+ hours during the first 4 days, so I was answering hundreds of support tickets daily but at the time I answered one, 5 new were coming. After all, it was unbelievably satisfying to see the Community rising and enjoying the effects of our hard work. Another thing I’m proud of was redesigning the Lord’s Wrath Abbey and moving it to a new location in just 3 days.

13) Are there any features you had in mind that could not make it into GV; and if so, what are they?
Gunpowder weapons. I used to reenact a medieval artillerist before I moved to practicing melee combat and I’d love to show players the feeling one has when being stunned by cannons firing all around, with dense smoke covering everything so much that you can’t see your own hands, but guns were barely present in the middle ages so they wouldn’t really fit the Gloria Victis atmosphere.

14) Outside of Gloria, what are some of your favourite games? 
I’m role-player to the bone, so obviously most of my favourite games are RPGs: the Witcher series, Gothic 1 & 2 and a gem with the best storyline ever made in a video game – Planescape: Torment. There was also one quite old game which story ultimately immersed me: Soul Reaver. On the other hand, I enjoy realistic racing sims with retro cars, especially GTR/RACE series.

15) If Gloria had a $10,000,000 budget, what would be the first feature you would want to add?
Complex, in-depth player-based feudal system with promoting squires to knights, lending them lands and executing them to obey your orders.

16) Favourite type of music?
Heavy/power metal, preferably with opera vocalists. For a longer while I’m listening to Powerwolf – not only their singer has unbelievably powerful voice and great technique, also the songs tell about the Southern Slavic legends.

17) Favourite movie/type of movies?
Band of Brothers and Lion King. Smile I also like postapo and anti-utopian movies (and even more steampunk but but sadly it’s not so popular in movies). Recently I fell in love with Westworld – it perfectly shows problems a game designer may have to face in their work.

18) Something unique or interesting about yourself?
I speak and write in Polish, and what’s your superpower? :p

19) Anything else you'd like to say to the players?
Thank you guys for everything you do! It’s really inspiring and motivating to be able to talk to you, play with you and get your feedback on this game. Gloria Victis was our dream and we've spent a few years of our lives with you and Gloria Victis – thanks to your support, our dreams could come to life. See you in battle!

20) And final question: Ismir or Midlander?
Midlander, of course!

That's it! Stay tuned to check out the rest of the members for their own Q&A. We hope you enjoyed this post and we'll see you next week with our next victim!
[Image: 6c31d2b1a60faf1bfbac90a5077e9ad4.png] Ray Monty, Community Manager

GV Twitter: @GloriaVictisMMO
FAQ: http://gloriavictisgame.com/application/index/faq

03-10-2018, 13:11,
RE: Meet the Team: Weekly Insight (Today's victim: Bartold!)
thanks for sharing the lovely post thanks