Troubleshooting - PLEASE READ IT FIRST IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM!

FAQ - Frequently asked questions

If you will experience any problems please contact support@gloriavictisgame.com

Join our official TeamSpeak 3 server addres using gloriavictisgame.com as IP address!

Troubleshooting - "Server Under Maintenance" error solution!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Beginner's Guide to Pre-Alpha Gloria Victis
15-03-2014, 18:53, (This post was last modified: 15-03-2014, 18:53 by Skarth.)
RE: Beginner's Guide to Pre-Alpha Gloria Victis
(15-03-2014, 11:39)Angel Baby Wrote: please tell me where that crevice is as i have been searching for bandit valley for about 14 hours now with no luck, thank you

Go north out of town, follow the road, the road goes straight through the crevice, it leads all the way to bandit valley. The crevice has some beggars in it, and some pigs near the end of it. Once you get through the crevice, there will be a few more beggars, but if you go out into the open field, you'll find the various robbers and bandits, as well as a small camp with the bandit honcho.
15-03-2014, 19:43,
Thank you for a great tutorial. Helped me a lot!
10-06-2014, 16:10,
Thank you for the excellent post. Smile Very helpful!
"Pretend that there is a witty quote about life, love, and gaming inserted here."
04-07-2014, 23:26,
Thanks for the great tips! I'll be sure to keep this in mind until more game elements are implemented. I hope you end up keeping this updated, too. It'll prove quite useful to new players as development progresses.
26-10-2014, 09:32,
This seems to be very outdated. Any chance on this getting an update?
30-10-2014, 11:15,
Will there be a server wipe when the game releases?or can we go ahead and create a character that we'lll keep?
31-10-2014, 18:36,
There have been periodic wipes and nearly guaranteed to have several wipes in the future. I've never played a game where you kept your character even from open beta, let alone pre-alpha.
11-01-2015, 18:26,
Umm, this is kinda out of date, at least as far as the starting stats?
15-01-2015, 11:42, (This post was last modified: 15-01-2015, 12:08 by Tears.)
Hmm guessing the info on stats in this guide are not up to date or relevant?

Quote:Strength - Increases the damage you do per hit with all weapons (including bows), increases your armor penetration, increases your stamina, and increases your strength modifier*. Every 2 points in strength will give you 1 damage, 2% Armor penetration, and 10 stamina.
Dexterity - Increases your critical hit chance and dex modifier*. Every 2 points in dex gives you a 4% chance to crit.
Constitution - Increases your total health. Each point Alternates between giving you 1 health, and 11 health (2 stat points would give 12 health).
Wisdom - Not yet implemented, this stat does nothing currently.
Intellect - Not yet implemented, this stat does nothing currently.

2 points in dex is not giving me another 4% crit. Made a new character put all points in dex and I have 9% crit chance on my char sheet.

If like stated 2 points give an extra 4% crit then to get 100% crit you need to put 50 points into dex no.
(100/4=25)x2

Edit: so I added two more points into dex and it gives me .4% crit (note the point before the 4 lol) >.>
Bless your heart!
[Image: hGRgpw9.gif]
15-01-2015, 12:17,
(15-01-2015, 11:42)Tears Wrote: Hmm guessing the info on stats in this guide are not up to date or relevant?

Quote:Strength - Increases the damage you do per hit with all weapons (including bows), increases your armor penetration, increases your stamina, and increases your strength modifier*. Every 2 points in strength will give you 1 damage, 2% Armor penetration, and 10 stamina.
Dexterity - Increases your critical hit chance and dex modifier*. Every 2 points in dex gives you a 4% chance to crit.
Constitution - Increases your total health. Each point Alternates between giving you 1 health, and 11 health (2 stat points would give 12 health).
Wisdom - Not yet implemented, this stat does nothing currently.
Intellect - Not yet implemented, this stat does nothing currently.

2 points in dex is not giving me another 4% crit. Made a new character put all points in dex and I have 9% crit chance on my char sheet.

If like stated 2 points give an extra 4% crit then to get 100% crit you need to put 50 points into dex no.
(100/4=25)x2

Edit: so I added two more points into dex and it gives me .4% crit (note the point before the 4 lol) >.>

You should notice that all stat modifiers are not in game yet. i.e STR do not have armor penetration feature yet.
At this point damage increase in STR is really low, so DEX/CON is mostly viable stats for starting character.
Stat modifiers are also off. Like you said 1pt on dex will give .2% to crit and CON will give points to stamina and healt. Not sure if things have changed since writing of this guide or does it reflect how things should be when dev's have implemented all that they are planning.