Troubleshooting - PLEASE READ IT FIRST IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM!

FAQ - Frequently asked questions

If you will experience any problems please contact support@gloriavictisgame.com

Join our official TeamSpeak 3 server addres using gloriavictisgame.com as IP address!

Troubleshooting - "Server Under Maintenance" error solution!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Beginner's Guide to Pre-Alpha Gloria Victis
15-01-2015, 12:23, (This post was last modified: 15-01-2015, 20:28 by Tears.)
RE: Beginner's Guide to Pre-Alpha Gloria Victis
(15-01-2015, 12:17)Gehenna Wrote:
(15-01-2015, 11:42)Tears Wrote: Hmm guessing the info on stats in this guide are not up to date or relevant?

Quote:Strength - Increases the damage you do per hit with all weapons (including bows), increases your armor penetration, increases your stamina, and increases your strength modifier*. Every 2 points in strength will give you 1 damage, 2% Armor penetration, and 10 stamina.
Dexterity - Increases your critical hit chance and dex modifier*. Every 2 points in dex gives you a 4% chance to crit.
Constitution - Increases your total health. Each point Alternates between giving you 1 health, and 11 health (2 stat points would give 12 health).
Wisdom - Not yet implemented, this stat does nothing currently.
Intellect - Not yet implemented, this stat does nothing currently.

One other quick thing is there a way to keep the chat box from going opaque? IT is annoying not being able to see what is in the chat box while fighting.

2 points in dex is not giving me another 4% crit. Made a new character put all points in dex and I have 9% crit chance on my char sheet.

If like stated 2 points give an extra 4% crit then to get 100% crit you need to put 50 points into dex no.
(100/4=25)x2

Edit: so I added two more points into dex and it gives me .4% crit (note the point before the 4 lol) >.>

You should notice that all stat modifiers are not in game yet. i.e STR do not have armor penetration feature yet.
At this point damage increase in STR is really low, so DEX/CON is mostly viable stats for starting character.
Stat modifiers are also off. Like you said 1pt on dex will give .2% to crit and CON will give points to stamina and healt. Not sure if things have changed since writing of this guide or does it reflect how things should be when dev's have implemented all that they are planning.

Each point in con gives me 1 hp so far. For dex .4 might be right otherwise getting 100% crits would be super easy.

Devs would have to comment though so we know if this is what is how it is suppose to work.

Another thing is there a way to change the chat box settings. For example I would like to change it so it doesn't go opaque when you are fighting or not actively using it?
Bless your heart!
[Image: hGRgpw9.gif]
15-01-2015, 13:25,
(15-01-2015, 12:23)Tears Wrote: Each point in con gives me 1 hp so far. For dex .4 might be right otherwise getting 100% crits would be super easy.

Devs would have to comment though so we know if this is what is how it is suppose to work.

Another thing is there a way to change the chat box settings. For exmaple I would like to change it so it doesn't go opaque when you are fighting or not actively using it?

dex gives .2%/pt

You cannot change chat settings yet.
Chat is bit hard atm, hopefully it gets better in later dev stages.

Alduris
16-01-2015, 20:32,
Does this game still only have one town like the guide stated? I understand that this guide is almost a year old.
16-01-2015, 23:13,
It has 2 Towns. Mareley and Dunfen.
[Image: signatur1.png]
17-01-2015, 17:40,
Within the next patch you will be able to find all of the calculations on tooltips. Also dexterity will affect bow damage.
One man army

Troubleshooting - PLEASE READ IT FIRST IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM!- http://forum.gloriavictisgame.com/showth...p?tid=3604
For support help please contact support(at)gloriavictisgame.com or Bartold - http://forum.gloriavictisgame.com/privat...d&uid=1994
MMORPG.COM Official Gloria Victis link - http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/...ictis.html
20-01-2015, 01:09,
(16-01-2015, 23:13)CorAngar Wrote: It has 2 Towns. Mareley and Dunfen.

MEreley Smile
PR Manager, Designer

If you'd have any problem, please send us logs (Steam\SteamApps\common\Gloria Victis\gv_Data\output_log.txt
OR
C:\Users\user_name\AppData\LocalLow\Black Eye Games Sp z o o_\Gloria Victis) to support@gloriavictisgame.com with a problem description.
10-02-2015, 22:49,
Hi everyone,
so I havent played for a while and decided to go back in and see and hit the hills. I am an Ismir level 7 as I restarted and lost all my goodies, totally ok.

However I got a bit confused and decided to check out the forum.
Please can someon that has a clue update this thread to current stat changes and items.

So here I am.
What are the current recommended stat distributions at what level. What Items should one buy when and how does the -2 or -3 effect the player as well as the guided otptimal level.

I bought a bow, but couldnt decide which as there are different priced but same stats as far as I can see.

Also I had a hard time checking out the recipes and wasted soo much money.

Please can we discuss changing recipe prices to be the same when buying and selling at least until we implement a in-game hover over notification if the recipe has been learnt or not. I wasted most of my savings here.

Quite hard to build back up to were I was, also I think new weather is messing with my fps? any one experience the same in Storm environment?

Any way loving the environment and will go grind to get my self back to were I was.

Love the dialogue added btw true ISMIR Spirit
Two heads cut off and thrown high into the tree have only the winds with which to scheme.
01-06-2015, 16:31,
Great job. Thanks, mate.
03-01-2016, 17:46, (This post was last modified: 23-05-2016, 09:57 by Sir_Reginald.)
(26-02-2014, 08:39)Skarth Wrote: This is a basic guide for players new to the Gloria Victis pre-alpha.

Because Gloria Victis is in pre-alpha, huge aspects of the game do not exist yet. There is only one town, a small map, no crafting, no housing, and no realms/factions. This is basically a very tiny MMORPG right now. Expect multiple bugs and character wipes as well.

Character Creation

There is currently no difference between the two races of Midlander and Ismir. Cosmetics have no game-play differences either.

When I was on game about a yr ago I made several temp toons to test the Attribute variations. I found there are about 4 diff ways to distribute the points in percentage manner 40/35/25 - 45/30/25 - 35/35/30-40/30/30 these are just generalizations to show the variation of point distributions and any attribute can be assigned to any percentage shown. Then I classified diff builds to the diff set of %s. I know pretty OCD huh?lol
Hvy Knight ............. Str & Con-35 Dex-30 .......lite armor with med - hvy armor accessories ...... weapons 1 handed w/ shield

Knight .................... Str- 40 Con-35 Dex-25 .... same ................................................................. 1-2 handed/shield & bow
glass Knight .......... Str-40 Con & Dex-30 ........all lite armor w/ Lt-Med access.............................same (this build is for speed, high dmg, and fast stam regen)

hvy tank .................Con-40 Str&Dex-30 ..........Med - hvy armor w/med - hvy access....................melee 1 handed w/ shield

tank(Swordsman)...Con-40 Dex-35 Str-25 ......same ....................................................................same

Lt tank(Berzerker)...Con&Dex-35 Str-30 .........Lt-Med armor & access for speed & Stam regen... 1 - 2 handed, shield if needed and bow (All around build, very versatility)

Hvy Archer..............Con-40 Dex-35 Str-30.......Lt-Med armor & acces ...........................................Bow & 1 handed w/shield
Archer ....................Dex-40 Con& Str-30.........Lt Armor and Lt - med acces ..................................same

Glass Cannon ........Dex-40 Str-35 Con-25 .....Lt Armor, Lt-0 Access .............................................same (this is for high dmg arrows and fast stam regen) Melee not recommended, though necessary.
With the standard archer a friend of mine was dealing 210+ dmg crit hits
Concerning the Stamina drain multiplier in your character window; this is important in many ways. If you are a new player I must strongly suggest you wear good light armor. This will lower that to 1.0, medium armor is 1.5, and heavy, 2.5. The less stamina you have the less damage you do. No stamina and you can't block or use a weapon.
Lvl 1-30, light armor unless u have over 160 dexterity, 31-60 medium armor unless u have over 230 dexterity. Dexterity as you know increases stamina regen.
Also, there is a damage multiplier involved with the weight of armor, the lighter the armor the higher the multiplier, so the more the damage.
Please keep in mind that the attribute you place the most points into has a type of weapon damage it will attribute more DMG to. Strength - slashing, Constitution - bludgeoning, Dexterity - piercing or stabbing. Look to use weapons that will aid in ur build type that have increased DMG when used as ur main attribute deals the highest DMG.
I have a mad scientist build I have been thinking of. I'd tell you it, but then I'd have to kill you muuwaahahaha. Wink
In NO way am I implying you need help just thought I may be able to help some others possibly Big Grin
Most players use the Attribute increase levels to stop certain attributes at. 130 & 230. I found this thinking to resist some specific builds. Don't let those increased points areas detour you from your desired build. Smile
Again the %s shown are just approximate values not exacts.
03-01-2016, 19:52,
(03-01-2016, 17:46)Sir_Reginald Wrote:
(26-02-2014, 08:39)Skarth Wrote: This is a basic guide for players new to the Gloria Victis pre-alpha.

Because Gloria Victis is in pre-alpha, huge aspects of the game do not exist yet. There is only one town, a small map, no crafting, no housing, and no realms/factions. This is basically a very tiny MMORPG right now. Expect multiple bugs and character wipes as well.

Character Creation

There is currently no difference between the two races of Midlander and Ismir. Cosmetics have no game-play differences either.

When I was on game about a yr ago I made several temp toons to test the Attribute variations. I found there are about 4 diff ways to distribute the points in percentage manner 40/35/25 - 45/30/25 - 35/35/30-40/30/30 these are just generalizations to show the variation of point distributions and any attribute can be assigned to any percentage shown. Then I classified diff builds to the diff set of %s. I know pretty OCD huh?lol
Hvy Knight ............. Str & Con-35 Dex-30 .......lite armor with med - hvy armor accessories ...... weapons 1 handed w/ shield

Knight .................... Str- 40 Con-35 Dex-25 .... same ................................................................. 1-2 handed/shield & bow
glass Knight .......... Str-40 Con & Dex-30 ........all lite armor w/ Lt-Med access.............................same (this build is for speed, high dmg, and fast stam regen)

hvy tank .................Con-40 Str&Dex-30 ..........Med - hvy armor w/med - hvy access....................melee 1 handed w/ shield

tank(Swordsman)...Con-40 Dex-35 Str-25 ......same ....................................................................same

Lt tank(Berzerker)...Con&Dex-35 Str-30 .........Lt-Med armor & access for speed & Stam regen... 1 - 2 handed, shield if needed and bow (All around build, very versatility)

Hvy Archer..............Con-40 Dex-35 Str-30.......Lt-Med armor & acces ...........................................Bow & 1 handed w/shield
Archer ....................Dex-40 Con& Str-30.........Lt Armor and Lt - med acces ..................................same

Glass Cannon ........Dex-40 Str-35 Con-25 .....Lt Armor, Lt-0 Access .............................................same (this is for high dmg arrows and fast stam regen) Melee not recommended, though necessary.
With the standard archer a friend of mine was dealing 210+ dmg crit hits

In NO way am I implying you need help just thought I may be able to help some others possibly Big Grin
Most players use the Attribute increase levels to stop certain attributes at. 150 & 175. I found this thinking to resist some specific builds. Don't let those increased points areas detour you from your desired build. Smile
Again the %s shown are just approximate values not exacts.

Thanks Sir_Reginald!

Very helpful information!