Troubleshooting - PLEASE READ IT FIRST IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM!

FAQ - Frequently asked questions

If you will experience any problems please contact support@gloriavictisgame.com

Join our official TeamSpeak 3 server addres using gloriavictisgame.com as IP address!

Troubleshooting - "Server Under Maintenance" error solution!

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Women in Gloria Victis
21-03-2014, 21:10,
Women in Gloria Victis
Hello everyone!

I'm starting to think about my character and her story, but I ran into a bit of a snag because I'm not entirely sure what a woman's place, her role, expectations of her, etc. are in the world of Gloria Victis.

Naturally, being based off of the real world medieval times, I expect there to be hurdles within the lore for women. How severe are they? Is it possible for a woman to gain respect in combat? Could a woman become a knight and enter tournaments? Do different cultures have different expectations? Would it be more viable for my character to dress as a man when doing combat-related activities and joining a warband, or would it be possible for her to do those things in the open?

General questions like that. Smile Since we do have female playable characters, I initially assumed it's going to be roughly something like Mount and Blade; there are hurdles and expectations, but things can be done and respect can be earned, it's just much harder and requires much more work.

But, I'd like to know for sure!
21-03-2014, 21:46, (This post was last modified: 21-03-2014, 21:47 by Benseine.)
RE: Women in Gloria Victis
You can enter any tournament you want... No worries.

But you'll still hit like a girl Tongue

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I8190N met Tapatalk
21-03-2014, 21:59,
Watch it, Hira's going to be the Floyd Mayweather of Gloria Victis.
22-03-2014, 02:51,
Or we could just ditch the entrenched misogyny of reality because it adds literally nothing enjoyable or enriching to the experience of playing the game and including it with weak justifications of "But it's historically accurate" is incredibly disingenuous in a setting where you can get in a fight with a troll.
22-03-2014, 03:16,
(22-03-2014, 02:51)Majere616 Wrote: Or we could just ditch the entrenched misogyny of reality because it adds literally nothing enjoyable or enriching to the experience of playing the game and including it with weak justifications of "But it's historically accurate" is incredibly disingenuous in a setting where you can get in a fight with a troll.

Oh, come on, Majere. Don't ruin my dreams of male domination and sexism!
28-03-2014, 18:37, (This post was last modified: 02-04-2014, 01:46 by Jetcutter.)
(22-03-2014, 02:51)Majere616 Wrote: Or we could just ditch the entrenched misogyny of reality because it adds literally nothing enjoyable or enriching to the experience of playing the game and including it with weak justifications of "But it's historically accurate" is incredibly disingenuous in a setting where you can get in a fight with a troll.

[Image: obrazek_4_zps2ef203f9.jpg]

Failed understanding;
Women of earlier times never fought in battle or wore armor.=Wrong.
There are several references to women participating in armed conflict from most periods of history. While some evidence is available for noble ladies-turned-military commanders, such as Countess Jeanne de Penthièvre (1319–1384), there are only scattered references to women from lower levels of society taking up arms. Nevertheless, some are recorded as having fought in armor, although no contemporary illustrations showing any of them actually wearing armor appear to have survived. Joan of Arc (ca. 1412–1431), probably the most famous example of a female warrior, is reputed to have had a suit of armor commissioned for her by the French king Charles VII. Yet, only one small illustration of her, undoubtedly drawn during her lifetime, has come down to us, showing her with a sword and banner but not dressed in armor. The fact that contemporaries apparently perceived women leading an army, or even wearing armor, as something worth recording at least in writing indicates that such a sight must have been an exception rather than the rule.

Quote from: http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/aams/hd...tm#women_b
08-06-2014, 04:01,
Question  Female Characters
So, I've browsed and googled around to no avail as to when female characters will be released. Short sighted as it is to not include them it additionally prevents my wife from being able to play a character in the game.

I would like to know a date that we can expect to see female character creation implemented into the game, or in other words, a date when my wife can play this game with me.

Please, no trolling. I need sincere answers from the developers on this question. My wife and I have always played MMO's together and while we are exceptionally excited about this one in particular (Low fantasy and more reality ftw) the obvious difficulty of her not being able to make a character becomes a severe detriment.
The comments expressed by the above poster are the derelict opinion of a madman and may not and certainly does in fact not represent the views, opinions, beliefs, or otherwise thoughts held by the sane world. You Have Been Warned.
08-06-2014, 04:14,
RE: Female Characters
They'll be implemented eventually... but it requires some time, since they need their own versions of armor parts.
08-06-2014, 04:19,
(08-06-2014, 04:14)Trzebuch Wrote: They'll be implemented eventually... but it requires some time, since they need their own versions of armor parts.

Thank you for your response! I certainly hope they will be able to get that done soon. As I am likely to be stalked around the map by a transgendered guy who is played by my wife until then haha.
The comments expressed by the above poster are the derelict opinion of a madman and may not and certainly does in fact not represent the views, opinions, beliefs, or otherwise thoughts held by the sane world. You Have Been Warned.
08-06-2014, 14:37,
I read somewhere on the forums that they are working on it. Smile
[Image: Enthused_Dragon.jpg]
Join us for an adventure into the known and the unknown!
Guild Info: http://forum.gloriavictisgame.com/showth...p?tid=5095

In-game character name: Dragon