Troubleshooting - PLEASE READ IT FIRST IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM!

FAQ - Frequently asked questions

If you will experience any problems please contact support@gloriavictisgame.com

Join our official TeamSpeak 3 server addres using gloriavictisgame.com as IP address!

Troubleshooting - "Server Under Maintenance" error solution!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Your character in GV?
05-09-2014, 21:34,
RE: Your character in GV?
Having a little think about it - my old Ultima Online character was Steev (creative, huh?) and he had long hair and a handlebar mustache because I thought it made him look like an 80's rocker.

I met a Roleplayer in the game - who was in real life a high-school music teacher - and his guild was devoted to the good side of the Ultima lore (Virtues and Order, and this and that, etc.)

But I think this time around I'd like to make a more practical character. I met a Staff Sergeant in the Marine Corps from the Dominican Republic whose job was a Field Mess Cook. When I asked him if he wanted to be a cook or if the job was assigned to him, he said he joined the military based solely on the condition he could be a cook - because he never remembered being fully fed as a kid and was always hungry.

So my new character Steev will be a Midland sailor from humble beginnings (but still writes home to his still-living parents) who joined a captain's crew because he was promised 3 square meals a day. His limited experience has been in fighting Azebian pirates, and has become handy in tailoring leather armor and whittling bows and staffs but cannot make heads or tails of metallurgy.

He dreams of returning to land and joining a reputable soldiers' guild, and considers abandoning ship and forfeiting the meager pay that his captain has been withholding. To survive he will need to make himself into real soldier material - or alternatively, learn to make it on his own in town by taking up a trade and surviving the wilderness, where his resources lie.

He is functionally illiterate, has become a heavy drinker at sea, and on occasion wears women's clothing when he's alone (mind you this isn't a real-life confession but a reference to transgender Navy Seal veteran Chris/Kristen Beck - not sure where I'm going with this because I don't plan my character to be a homosexual, but a commercial for "Lady Valor" just came on the T.V.). He resolutely hates the Azebians and their Sangarian slaves, and finds the Ismirs to be filthy. The reasons for his disdain and personal vanity are puzzling given his humble beginnings, but have something to do with his mother - who was a well-mannered servant to the royal family before marrying his dull father.
05-09-2014, 22:00,
I think, eventually, your dreams will come closer to what you want. Dem boats are a coming.
Nice write up. (vet myself). Smile
06-09-2014, 13:52, (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014, 13:53 by AngelusDD.)
I will play my character Flaminius very much down to earth. I will try to become a merchant with a secondary role as a craftsman (though i will have to see what trade).
The general trading goods will later include import/export stuff like oversea resources. But i will always remain a loyal servant of the local industry as well.
I will aditionally serve as warrior/fighter, IF needed but only in a support role.

As it is useful for a merchant, my character knows how to read and write, and even tries to collect books and scrolls to open up a library one day.
Ingame character: Flaminius
07-09-2014, 16:20,
(06-09-2014, 13:52)AngelusDD Wrote: I will play my character Flaminius very much down to earth. I will try to become a merchant with a secondary role as a craftsman (though i will have to see what trade).
The general trading goods will later include import/export stuff like oversea resources. But i will always remain a loyal servant of the local industry as well.
I will aditionally serve as warrior/fighter, IF needed but only in a support role.

As it is useful for a merchant, my character knows how to read and write, and even tries to collect books and scrolls to open up a library one day.

I'm pretty much the same mindset as this. I consider myself a helpful soul, and being a merchant of some sort's would suit me fine.
05-07-2015, 07:18,
I'm a mercenary, fighting with whomever has the deepest pockets. Self sufficient, I maintain and supply my own trappings. if I'm not on a battlefield with others, I'm an opportunist searching for the always evading wealth. I'm always for hire, and will take lives without question.
I'm Kos-deth the Kill-Star.
07-07-2015, 16:23,
It seems most of you guys prefer the background of a nice guy, which is awesome, but... I'll go with "homo homini lupus".
04-08-2015, 14:40,
So your character will be a werewolf?
06-08-2015, 00:00,
I don't really think you can become a werewolf in a non-magic ''realistic'' medieval mmo... Tongue
You shall not spam!
06-08-2015, 11:46,
There will be magic in GV but no mages.
Werewolves, vampires, ghosts, people possessed by demons and many others mystic/paranormal beings. Also cursed/mystic places. There will be a lot of magic but it will be "hidden". It will be mystical and undiscovered force. Just like dark matter for us. We know that it's exist, we see what it's doing but we can't examine and manipulate it, not yet.
Mógłbym zgodzić się, że macie rację, ale wtedy nikt z nas by jej nie miał.